Welcome to our first Prevention, Detection and Management workshop! We are taking a deep dive into chronic conditions. In this workshop we are going to have a look at some of the common chronic Musculoskeletal conditions like Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Juvenile Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Gout, Back pain and problems.
Want to know more about other chronic conditions? We have other events coming out soon looking at Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Neurological chronic conditions to help you better manage patients with chronic conditions.
What we’ll cover in the workshop:
- Overview of common Musculoskeletal conditions
- Statistics in Australia
- Identifying patients at risk
- Reducing modifiable Risk Factors
- Screening tools and assessment
- Osteoporosis risk assessment, diagnosis and management
- Diagnosing Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis
- Clinical Guidelines for Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis
- What to include in your Care Plans for Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis
- Multidisciplinary teams and referral pathways
- Patient education and resources
- CDM Activities and MBS Item Numbers